ApprenticeshipPHL Hosts Part 1 in Apprenticeship Accelerator Series
This morning the Employer Engagement Committee of ApprenticeshipPHL (APHL) hosted an Apprenticeship Accelerator, the first in the ongoing series of accelerators. This in-person event, hosted at the Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia, is intended to introduce employers to the apprenticeship model, provide innovative examples of how employers are leveraging apprenticeships to build sustainable talent pipelines, and share the promise (and challenges) such programs hold for employers.
During the event, we heard from current apprenticeship program sponsors around why their company chose to start an apprenticeship, the benefits of implementing an apprenticeship program, the benefits of the group-sponsored apprenticeship model, and the challenges of designing and implementing programs for both small and large companies.
In addition to hearing firsthand accounts from employers, we shared foundational apprenticeship information for employers looking to learn more about the apprenticeship model. Below is a list of additional resources that can assist with initial research on program development and program registration, should your company decide to register. We are excited to host the next session of this series in the fall of 2023. Stay tuned for save-the-date and registration information later this summer!
Apprenticeship 101 Basics from Apprenticeship USA:
PA Apprenticeship and Training Office Resources:
- On this website, you can find resources and quick guides for PA based employers interested in starting a program as well as the documents needed to register the program if you decide.
Program Design Resources:
- RA Standards Library – this resource created by the Urban Institute is a compilation of Registered Apprenticeship standards from across the country. This resource will continue to be updated periodically.
- HCAP National Library – this resource created by the Healthcare Career Advancement Program is a compilation of work process and related technical instruction outlines for healthcare-related apprenticeship program.
Additional Resources/Reports on Benefits of Apprenticeship:
- Investing in Talent Development – this infographic shares highlights from an evaluation of the American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI) grant program and a study of benefits of apprenticeship to employers.
- Strengthening Small and Medium Business through Tech Apprenticeships